- Lone Star Literary review of THE JEALOUS KIND
- The Missoulian Review of THE JEALOUS KIND
- THE JEALOUS KIND review from Missoula Independent
- GARDEN&GUN MAGAZINE, feature.
- JLB was interviewed in the January 2016 edition of Cowboys & Indians Magazine.
- The Providence Journal named House of the Rising Sun as one of the best books of 2015. “Another masterpiece by this master of prose.”
- People Magazine‘s People Picks and Entertainment Weekly’s Must List both include House of the Rising Sun.
- The Sacramento Bee included House of the Rising Sun in a roundup of Western books.
- Recent reviews have run in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Austin American-Statesman, Tampa Bay Times, Kansas City Star, Buffalo News, and elsewhere. House also received a Shelf Awareness starred review.
In the Dec. 11, 2015 Publishers Weekly, James Lee Burke gives writing tips…
Robert Frost once said a poet must be committed to a lover’s quarrel with the world. He had it right. If a person writes for money or success, he will probably have neither. If he writes for the love of his art and the world and humanity, money and success will find him down the line. In the meantime he must work everyday at his craft, either at his desk or in his mind and sometimes in his sleep. It’s a lonely pursuit, one without shortcuts.